Valentine’s Day in the Sault
I love this article that the Denver Art Museum posted on the web. The Museum Shop put together a list of different Valentine’s Day suggestions. These included taking a tour of the Denver Art Museum galleries, buying a gift from their Museum Shop, and finishing with lunch or dinner at one of the city’s local restaurants.
It’s not too late to do the same in the Sault. Make today a special day for someone you love or for someone who loves art.
Valentine’s Package #1
- Come into the Gallery Shop and find a wonderful selection of one of a kind jewelry. Like one of these colourful necklaces made by local artists.
- Take a tour of the AGA Gallery Lobby (free) and view the 2012 Ontario Architects Association Awards show.
- Have a nice cup of locally roasted java and a little sweet at local hot spot Frida’s Cafe and Art.
Valentine’s Package #2
- Before coming into the Gallery to watch an art film and hear a talk led by local architect David Ellis, go for a cocktail or beer at LopLops Lounge and Gallery.
- Make Friday night a date night at the Art Gallery of Algoma. At 7:30 PM we will be screening The Museum a documentary film about contemporary architecture. Come early to see the 2012 OAA Awards Show in the lobby and stop into the Gallery Shop to receive 20% off selected items if you are an AGA member.
Valentine Package #3
- Take advantage of the Valentine’s Sale in the Gift Shop and buy some Wildly Delicious Spreads and Sauces
- Take a tour of the 100 Years of Art in the Sault Exhibit before it comes down February 17th
- Have some friends over for appetizers using your new Wildly Delicious gourmet dips and spreads and a glass of VQA wine.
Valentine’s Package #4
- If your friends don’t or that special someone in your life just doesn’t need anymore stuff this Valentine’s Day, but you still find joy in the act of giving, why not buy them a one year membership to the AGA!
- Art Gallery of Algoma members get free entrance to the Gallery, 10% off in the Gallery Shop, discounts on art classes – like those that will be offered in March Break and invitations to special AGA members events.